Bioeffect EGF serum review
It was love at the first application.
I have been given a press sample of the EGF serum by BIOEFFECT to try (thank you!) and oh my, what a treat. This is the serum of the future, a total game changer. Here’s the story & review.
Ok, you know I’m addicted to beauty products and that I love trying on new stuff, plus serum is always where I put my money on (reminder: the most important steps in a beauty routine are cleansing and acid toning, then what goes directly onto your skin is a serum, it’s where you want to put your beauty budget, then you can get a good cream for cheaper – REN, Hydraluron, Aloe Vera etc.)
That being said, I tried the EGF at night (it’s supposed to be a night serum) and I used only it. Nothing else. Really wanted to try it on its own to really test it and feel it and check its abilities without other products interfering.
First impression: my skin felt sooooo moist instantaneously. I love to layer products on top of products, especially at night, but my skin didn’t feel the need to do so. Good first impressions always matter 🙂 check.
The morning after: don’t think I’m fooling you guys cause sh*t just got real. My skin looked so plumped it’s unbelievable. Plus I still have some marks from old pimples and they were noticeably faded. Yippee.
Also tried it in the AM before makeup and I wasn’t shiny, would not really wear it a day I would film / have my picture taken though. Other than that it’s my new beauty obsession.
What is Bioeffect EGF serum:
According to their website
A ground breaking anti-ageing serum that delivers visible, dramatic improvements to the skin. BIOEFFECT EGF SERUM utilises the proven anti-ageing power of EGF (Epidermal Growth Factor) to restore your skin’s youthful radiance, minimise signs of ageing and rejuvenate the skin’s complexion.
World-leading skin-care authority, Dr. Ronald L. Moy, has conducted a clinical study on the efficacy of BIOEFFECT EGF SERUM and ascertains that the results are the best he has witnessed from a topical agent in his thirty years of practice. The best indication of the efficacy of BIOEFFECT EGF SERUM is though the fact that it is used by 30% of Icelandic women.
There’s big time science behind this product and the brand in general. I love them.
It basically tells your skin to produce more collagen. More collagen means more firmness and more elasticity to the skin. It is a protein and the main component of our tissue, guarantying a continuous renewal of cells. We get newer cells more often and therefore our skin stays fresh.
Being obsessed with ingredients, EGF serum makes me a very happy girl. Only 7 ingredients and no BS.
- Glycerine. It’s a humectant, meaning that it keeps the skin moist. It is used a lot in products as a base to blend all ingredients together.
- Aqua. Water. That one is easy 🙂 and it’s retained by the glycerine.
- Sodium hyaluronate. It’s the “sodium salt of hyaluronic acid” and what is used as a filler when one does injections. It functions as a tissue lubricant and helps skin repair.
- Tromethamine. It’s an emulsifying agent.
- Sodium chloride. AKA salt. It is used as a binding agent and increases the thickness of the product.
- Hordeum vulgare seed extract. Otherwise known as barley. All of the above ingredients are just there to bind everything together, they are necessary to make the product easily absorbed by the skin and carried in the tissues. Here Bioeffect has used non irritant ingredients and has cut on the non-sense of all the PEG, parabens, mineral oils, silicones etc, just keeping what’s useful.
- The entire science behind Bioeffect’s EGF is “green biotechnology” with the use of barley as a cellular activator:“The BIOEFFECT skin care products are the world’s first skincare products to contain cellular activators made in plants. Using patent pending biotechnology, the cellular activators are naturally forged in barley seeds. The barley seeds are grown in volcanic pumice and watered with pure Icelandic spring water in state-of-the-art greenhouses in Iceland, using renewable underground volcanic energy for heating and lighting. Such green biotechnology bypasses the risk of including bacterial endotoxins or potential human infectious agents associated with conventional production in bacteria or animal cell culture systems.”
- EGF (Transgenic barley sh-oligopeptide-1) = Epidermal Growth Factor, which is a molecule we produce ourselves that, as its name tells us, stimulates cell growth but, as we age (barf), the natural production of EGF slows down and the skin starts loosing its firmness and elasticity. Not fun.
According to their website / What I observed on my skin
- Restores skin’s natural radiance / My skin feels more plumped & jewy
- Reduces the appearance of sun damage, fine lines and wrinkles / Did notice my sun spot fading a tiny bit
- Diminishes dry spots / For sure
- Improves and rejuvenates skin tone and texture / My skin tone is more uniform, less discoloration (that’s a new thing I have noticed with my skin lately, discoloration… am I getting old??)
- Significantly reduces pore size / Too soon to tell, but my skin looks better
- Deeply moisturising and easily absorbed / 2000% true
For which skin type:
- all (after 30)
When to use it:
- at night
How to use it:
- a couple drops on cleaned and dry skin and after acid toning
- a fortune
- but not that much more than an ANR or a Sunday Riley night treatment
- and lasts 3 months
Where to buy:
- on their website here
That was my Bioeffect EGF serum review, met me know what you think and if you’ve tried it too.
Other product I want to try: their eye serum 😉 Will keep you posted!