Clinique Blemish Concealer Review
This product is the one product I would take with me on a deserted island. Well this and the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour cream. Obviously.
This magnificent blemish concealer has saved me countless times and I have been using it since I can remember (it actually came in a pencil stick when I first bought it), yet it doesn’t get enough online credit. I am talking about the “Acne Solutions Clearing Concealer” by Clinique. It is my makeup secret and the best blemish concealer I have ever tried.
You’ll find it in the skincare section, not in the makeup one at Sephora and on Clinique’s website here: US $17.50 / France 22,50€). FYI it’s called “Anti-Blemish Solutions” in France… don’t ask me why, I dont get why the same product has two different names, probably over in Europe the word “acne” is not chic enough…).
Comes in 3 shades, it used to come in a green one as well to conceal redness but it has been discontinued. I use both shades 1 and 2 according to if I’m tanned or not and which foundation I use. Mind you that shade 1 is very fair.
Why I love it so much:
- Besides the Normaderm by Vichy one (not crazy about their colours…) it is the only concealer (to my knowledge) that is targeted for blemishes, both concealing and clearing them.
- It blends beautifully with the skin
- It stays on really well
See, the thing is, makeup concealers are usually made for dark circles, discoloration and so on and are too rich to use on top of blemishes (we don’t want to feed the blemish!). It is of course fundamental to moisturize the blemish otherwise the skin becomes flaky and the makeup won’t hold. But we should apply textures that are too nourishing on a blemish. Plus I find that “makeup” concealers don’t stay put as well and don’t conceal the blemish as much (even when powdered).
What it does:
- Conceals, heals, clears and prevents blemishes
- For all skin types
How to apply it:
- I always conceal and apply the Clinique concealer after I have applied my blush & bronzer. Why? Because I have noticed that blushes always make blemishes “re-appear” even when they have been toned down thanks to foundation. It’s like it gives it back its color. So to avoid putting too many layers of concealers on and keeping it as invisible as possible, I conceal afterwards. And then I powder.
- Use concealer brush, detailer brush or fingers to apply.
A must try to achieve flawless complexion.
Let me know what you think of this Clinique blemish concealer!
Get a 15% discount on your first order when you sign up to Clinique’s mailing list 😉
One tube lasts FOREVER (!) there’s so much product in one tube and so little is needed that it is such a great value for money, even when you use it everyday.